My partner in crime…er um craft over at Project Run and Play (we are the Virtual Assistants), Audrey, just released her second pattern, the Grace Tankini. It just so happened that The Bee needed a new swimsuit, and I was more than happy to sew one up for her.
Firstly, let me give you the specs on this pattern.
- So many choices (2 tops and 4 bottoms- plus high and low waistbands). I chose to make the ruched top and plain sporty skirt without pockets. Since there are many different body types out there, you can choose how to mix and match for your body. I find that flattering swimsuits make all the difference.
- It is beginner friendly. Audrey gives you lots of resources and tips and tricks for sewing swimwear.
- It has sizes 0-18. That covers all sorts of bodies!
- There are options for a shelf bra, inserting cups, power mesh, and inserting boning if you so choose. Or not. Totally your call.
- It is on sale this week for 25% off here.
One of the things I really liked about this pattern is there are no fiddly little pieces! Each piece is substantial, and easy to sew together. I cannot tell you how often when sewing things with tiny pieces, I forget or lose one of them! Also, this one would be super easy to grade up or down. The lines are clear and easy to distinguish from one another (trust me, not all patterns are like this!).
I chose to attach the swim bottoms to the skirt so they are one piece, but you could also make them separate. I told you. Options!
Look at that side vent! Super cute detail. I love things like that. The pattern walks you right through it. Easy Peasy.
So grab your copy of the Grace Tankini today, and get to customizing a swimsuit for your figure.
**Although I received a copy of this pattern for free, as always, all opinions are mine all mine.