It is 32 degrees outside, and we are cold.
Time for soups to warm the bellehs.
I have a fantastic recipe to share with you for a Gluten-free Broccoli Cheddar soup that my kids flip over!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3/4 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup rice milk (you can totally use cow’s milk, but we like rice)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Namaste all purpose Gluten-Free flour (or any brand you like)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 tsp salt (and you can use pepper or any other spice of your liking)
In a pot, saute onions in the butter until onions are soft. Next, add the flour and stir until it is well-mixed.
Then pour in milk and broth all at once, and stir while bringing to a boil. It will get very thick.
Reduce to a simmer and add broccoli in. When it is cooked, remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
*I always save a small bowl of cheddar for my girls to sprinkle on top.
What is your favorite soup this time of year??